8th Annual National NEET Conference 2014
Engage, Enable, Empower and Employ NEETs
NTRL welcomes you to join us at our 8th Annual National NEET conference and allow your organisation the opportunity to be a part of the solution to the immense challenge posed by UK unemployment. Official figures still show that 2.47 million people aged 16 and over are unemployed, of these 1.07 million 16-24 year olds were Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) in the third quarter of 2013, down 19,000 from April to June 2013 and down 28,000 from a year earlier, according to the Office for National Statistics.
Although the NEET population is reducing slowly, these figures reveal that more still needs to be done to engage, inspire and motivate young people who are not in education, employment or training or at risk of becoming NEET. Young people must be supported to move into further learning, or the labour market to prevent a generation slipping through the system.
Skills Minister Matthew Hancock recently said: "I am heartened to see the fall in the number of young people not in work, training or education. We are heading in the right direction, but one young person out of work, education or training is one too many”.
Building on the successes of our previous conferences, this conference will once again provide delegates with an exciting opportunity to hear from young people and key stakeholders from across education, public, private and third sectors.
They will address policy areas; latest findings from research and targeted measures, barriers facing young people in engaging; and will showcase the succession of schemes and best practice in supporting young people’s transitions into education, employment or training.
The Conference will be chaired by Alan Kennedy, Director of Operations at The Prince's Trust.
We are delighted to showcase a series of inspirational case studies aimed at tackling youth unemployment, engaging the disengaged and transforming lives, including:
- How the Dame Kelly Holmes Legacy Trust is utilising the power of sport to empower young peoples lives from Adam Whitehead, Former European & Commonwealth Champion, Olympic Swimmer and now Athlete Programme Manager, DKH Legacy Trust.
- How Barclays are creating 1,000 apprenticeships and tackling youth unemployment, by giving young people their vital first job opportunity. Hear first hand from one of the apprentices as they take you on their personal journey throughout their apprenticeship experience with Barclays.
- An ESF programme delivered by 8 organisations in 6 London boroughs, hailed as a ‘star project’ by the Skills Funding Agency - for consistent performance and good practice in engaging young women.
- A life-changing programme resulting in NEETs succeeding with education employment or training (SWEET). Hear directly from the young people on the SWEET programme at Blueprint, which is one of the highest achieving Pupil Referral Units in England, which is rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
This conference also provides delegates with the opportunity to network with peers throughout the day and attend a series of valuable workshop sessions covering:
- Supporting lifelong employability and career management skills
- "Earn as you learn" bringing education and business together to tackle youth unemployment
- Using the DofE programme to improve outcomes with NEETs
- Positive Outcomes: Grant Funding for Social Inclusion Projects
- Youth Enterprise guidance from a young Entrepreneur
Who should attend?
All organisations with an active interest in the NEET cohort to include; Learning Providers, FE Colleges, Schools, Academies, Universities, Work Programme Providers, Chambers of Commerce, Local Authorities, Business Links, IAG providers, Connexions, Children’s Services, Youth Workers, Careers Advisors, Charities, Voluntary organisations, Learning Partnerships, Education Business Partnerships, Local Enterprise Partnerships, Employers, UK Sports Associations, Youth Offending teams and Government Agencies.
Attendance at this conference will provide an excellent opportunity to question the experts, debate, network and share best practice.
We look forward to welcoming you to the conference.
The Conference will also have a number of exhibitor stands. Please visit the Exhibitor's page on this website for further information.
*Early Bird Offer - Book Before 3pm on 20/12/2013 To Receive 10% Off Standard Fees*