Train the Trainer - 1 Day Course
Training the Trainer - 1 Day Course
This Train-the-Trainer course offers an essential overview of the practical skills and underpinning knowledge required to become a great trainer, teacher or facilitator. Whether you are giving presentations, imparting guidance, coaching, mentoring or supporting staff this fast-track, one-day course will prepare you for the delivery of effective teaching and learning.
It details the essential elements required to support confidence in your role and ensure that a balance can be achieved between your teaching and your trainees’ learning!
This practical one-day course introduces learners to the essential constituents of effective and well-organised lessons. By the end of the course, participants will have used a range of learning strategies to explore the skills of an effective trainer/teacher and be able to organise, evaluate and plan a lesson.
Following the course delegates will
- be familiar with common approaches to schemes of work, lesson plans, ‘lesson pack’, learner feedback/assessing learning, lesson review, course review and continuous improvement – and understand their roles/responsibilities in connection with these
- understand training/learning aims and training/learning objectives
- be able to develop a lesson plan and know how to review a session
- understand how adults learn and the barriers to adult learning
- identify different teaching methods that are likely to work in the context of training programmes - methods will vary according to programme e.g. Skills for Jobs, pre-recruitment customised training and other short employability workshops
- be familiar with different methods of assessing whether a learner has learned and be able to select appropriate methods
- understand common approaches to evaluation
Supporting Materials to be used
- PowerPoint slides
- Written worksheets and interactive exercises
- Guidance and further information
- Memory stick containing web addresses, resources, links
'Very well presented.'
Volunteer Co-ordinator, Luton Rights
'Excellent, I will recommend.'
'Useful to anyone delivering training sessions.'
Training Officer, ESG Group
'Confidence building & understanding teaching & training - aiding my journey towards becoming an expert in the profession.'
Training & development Administrator, Norfolk Educational Services
'Useful, helpful, learnt alot of new things - will feel more confident when planning my presentation.'
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible (or soon to be responsible) for providing formal or in-formal training, teaching, learning, or facilitation. Staff who are preparing for accredited courses and working in the Private Sector, Registered Charities, Community & Voluntary Sector Organisations, Colleges, Universities, Arts Organisations, Faith Organisations, Non-Government Organisations, Local Authorities, Research Institutes, Sports Clubs, Council for Voluntary Services, Learning Partnerships, Business Links and Associations and Training Providers, Prime Contractors, Private Sector Sub-Contractors, PCTs, NRF and other Regeneration Partnerships.
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK.
See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as
internal events on your premises.
In-house Event for Your Organisation
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band C
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.