Effective Debt Collection Over the Telephone
Today more than ever, cash flow is absolutely crucial to all businesses. Many Companies collect outstanding monies over the telephone and all calls need to be capitalised on.
This workshop encourages good habits, teaches new skills and gives delegates awareness of areas that need to be changed. We will show you how to get the balance between getting the payment or commitment, whilst still keeping them as a customer.
Communication skills and training are imperative for successful collections and this course will cover all these important areas and give you more confidence and control on all calls, both inbound and outbound.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is for anyone who is tasked with talking to people who owe your company outstanding monies.
The telephone creates habits. We are all creatures of habit and the environment where people sit in close proximity encourages this .We subconsciously take in and use what we hear around us. This workshop will make you aware of these habits and give you the skills to change them, making you more effective and successful at collecting outstanding monies.
The good news is that good habits spread as quickly as bad habits. The difficulty is coming out of one, and into the other. The first step is to be aware of you are doing well and what not so well. This training enables that awareness.
The workshop will focus on the following areas:
- In my experience, people often confuse being positive with being pushy and being negative with being polite. What we need is positive vocabulary and correct questioning with the right voice.
- Simple skills such as clarity, enthusiasm, inflection and speed, all effect Customer perceptions. It is imperative that collectors are able to hear themselves on live calls to enable them to work on skills that affect their voice
GOOD LISTENING SKILLS
- Do we listen or just hear? How to confirm that both parties have understood each other.
- The simple art of asking the right questions makes a very big difference
- Collections call.
Collection Call versus Sales Call.
A sale is about making someone want to buy, where as collections is about making someone want to pay. It follows therefore that a similar structure should be used for both types of call. This includes correct
- trial close
- features and benefits of paying
- closing calls in a positive way
- It is imperative that positive vocabulary is used on all Collections Calls.
- Negative vocabulary hinders instead of helping, to obtain payment/promise to pay.
- We are all creatures of habit and one of the biggest habit is to tell people ‘what we can’t do’. Where as we should tell people ‘What we can/will do.’
This course shows you many ways to use positive vocabulary at all times and not to ‘build brick walls’ for yourself or offer debtors the opportunity to ‘wriggle out’ of making the payment.
CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT/PROMISE TO PAY
- You will be shown simple techniques to achieve this.
|Open Events for this Topic|
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK. See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as internal events on your premises.
|In-house Event for Your Organisation|
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band BMore»
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.