Telephone Communication Skills
Telephone Communication Skills - The Telephone is Crucial
The telephone is crucial to all businesses.
Communication is a huge part of life and often taken for granted, so much so that over time, bad habits can be formed
unconsciously. How many business opportunities are missed or wasted through behaviours that are not well-focused whilst on the telephone?
This one-day workshop focuses on verbal communication and how it should be used in a telephone environment.
Who Should Attend?
Sales, Collections, Reception, Customer Service or Support.
If you deal with existing or potential customers or clients on the phone this is the course for you
This workshop will focus on the following areas
Identifying your strengths
- Identify areas that could be improved on
The importance of using Positive Vocabulary
- How important words are. Saying what you can and will do, rather than what you can’t!
- Promoting a positive mindset and attitude
- Great listening skills and their importance. Do we really listen or just hear?
Understanding and managing first impressions
Handling calls in a consistent manner
The importance of Empathy
- Dealing with difficult/aggressive callers
- Getting information quickly and effectively
- How to ask the right questions for different situations
- How to summarise and ensure both parties have understood
Telephone communication over face-to-face
- Pluses and minuses
- Identifying the difference
- The way you feel and how it affects the way you sound
Voice: What impression does yours give?
- If you think you can or you think you can’t
- You’re absolutely right
- Say what you can and will do, not what you can’t do
- The importance of self-belief
- How to change the way we feel about a situation by changing the words used to tell it
"Wonderful, interesting, relaxing, understandable and friendly."
Service Administrator, Ceva Security Gates Ltd
"Informative - incentive to re-assess one's approach."
Reception, Wrexham School
"Very useful insight into telecommunication skills, including what you should and shouldn't say to customers and other people calling the company."
Operations Support Admin, RED Scientific Ltd
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK.
See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as
internal events on your premises.
In-house Event for Your Organisation
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band B
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.