High Impact Communication
The art of communication is the language of Leadership. Even with brilliant technical abilities you may fall short if you are unable to communicate them to your desired audience. How you think, act and behave is directly linked to your communication skills, and in turn your communication is linked to getting the results you want.
This workshop will focus on a wide range of techniques for high impact meaningful communication with colleagues, co-workers, stakeholders and senior leaders on a local, National and Global scale. You will learn how to develop instant rapport and engage in a communication style that will match, pace and lead your conversations.
There are many communication workshops now available but this is a unique approach in that theories, models, general advice and guidance are kept to a minimum.
This day includes numerous practical usable solutions on how to become a very efficient, capable, skilled communicator in any professional environment. If you are a new manager or moving into a more senior manager role this is the ideal workshop for you
Delegates will come away not only with a much greater understanding of their own lead mode of communication but the ability of influencing others through effective use of a range of techniques.
By the end of this course participants will be better able to:
- Understand the importance of communication and how it impacts on their role
- Indentify their own and their team’s communication styles
- Modify their own responses to others in order to encourage greater rapport
- Analyse a variety of communication models and styles for greater effectiveness
- Understand verbal and non verbal structures of communication
- Develop a plan of action to further develop their communication styles
In working towards the above aims participants will explore how to:
- Develop and review a variety of strategies for greater impact and influence
- Understand barriers in communication and how to overcome them
- Evaluate and analyse a variety of styles and techniques and how it relates to a variety of situations
- Deal with difficult conversations in the working environment
- Make an instant impact with a variety of audiences through their communication
Who would benefit from attending this workshop?
This workshop is for those involved in delegating, negotiating, chairing, motivating, supervising or leading others. It is especially to those in first line or middle management roles, or those aspiring to roles and duties that demand effective communication for success.
The workshop may also be of interest to more senior managers and HR personnel who are tasked with training, supporting, mentoring or coaching others in this important skill area.
Key Techniques and Approaches
- Understanding the different styles, how they work and when to use them, including:
- Identifying the image you need to present
- Changing styles with different:
Identifying and Understanding Your Default Style
- Understanding how you are perceived by others
- Default Behaviour/Style
- Interpretation of environment and events
- The meaning we give and their usefulness
- The impact of words and actions
- Changing Opinions
- Controlling Emotions
- Knowing how others think
- Establishing a Support Base
- Cultural influence
- Non verbal communication
- Connection and rapport
Handling Confrontation and Difficult Situations
- Communicating difficult messages
Presenting a Positive Image
- Building charisma and credibility
- Personal impact
- Confidence and bogy language
Communicating to your team
- Tools of influence
- Inspiring trust
- Cultivating self awareness
- Active listening
- Persuasive presentation skills
- Getting Heard
- Getting your Point Across Clearly
- Handling Challenges
- The power of story telling
- Visual aids
- Learning styles
Review and Action Plan
- Workshop review
- Set targets for ongoing development
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK.
See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as
internal events on your premises.
In-house Event for Your Organisation
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band B
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.