Successful Sales Account Management
Successful Account Management - 1 Day Course
Many organisations spend a vast amount of effort locating and chasing new business. Sometimes this is done at the expense of keeping and nurturing the clients they already have. Often it is cheaper and more effective to keep the customers we know - and who know us - rather than prospect for new ones.
This workshop examines how and why customers buy and plans a campaign to go wider and deeper into existing accounts to turn them into 'key' accounts. We identify our competitors, see how they compete and we formulate methods for keeping those key accounts out of their hands.
Following the workshop delegates will be able to
- identify how and why clients buy, and why from us
- retain existing clients in the face of competition
- expand our business with existing clients by going wider and deeper into their needs
- plan a sales campaign to turn existing accounts into key accounts
If this event doesn't quite hit the spot, you may be interested in attending one of our other 1 day sales training courses. Follow the links below to view the overviews and scheduled dates.
Advanced Selling Skills
Fundamental Selling Skills
Successful Sales Account Management
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is suitable for all sales people, and especially account managers, including their team leaders and managers.
The workshop will be split into three key phases:
Phase 1: The Customer Data - What do we know about our customer to keep their business and get more of it? What don’t we know, what do we need to know, and how will we find out?
- Vital Statistics - who are they and how does that impact us?
- Organisation- who actually makes the decisions, what is their function in the decision-making process and what do they want to hear? The BITE Matrix
- Contact Web - who can help us inside their organisation, outside and in our own organisation?
- Trading History - what have we done so far, what did they think of it – reinforce or combat?
- Broad Strategic Aims - what are our/their objectives?
- Purchasing Styles - how do they buy; why?
- Opinion of us - how can we reinforce or combat, move to the next level?
- Cultural Differences - which, why and impact?
Phase 2: Action - the skills we need for success
- Sales Strategy
- Goals & Objectives
- Competitive Analysis
- Agreed Business Opportunities
- Action Reviews
- Resource Reviews
Phase 3: Activity Monitoring – is it working? Why? Why not?
- Sales Analysis
- Corrective Actions
- Win/Loss Analysis
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK.
See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as
internal events on your premises.
In-house Event for Your Organisation
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band C
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.