Performance Appraisal and Assessment
To be effective staff appraisal or performance assessment schemes need to be robust in terms of assessing performance but equally importantly they also need to be motivational and supportive. Achieving both is far from easy.
This one day workshop explores a highly effective process for conducting appraisals and performance assessments that based on benchmarking and latest research findings and provides an approach that this capable of withstanding scrutiny within the context of employment and equalities laws
- Delegates will better:
- Understand what an Effective Appraisal or Performance Review Requires
- Be able to introduce or conduct a Performance Appraisal
- Able to adjust their own appraisal systems to reflect best practice
- ensure their own appraisal system has the capacity and flexibility to manage and/or address a wide range of challenging situations in the workplace
Who Would Benefit from Attending this Training?
This one day workshop is designed for Operational and HR managers who are looking for ways to deliver effective appraisal and performance reviews or develop systems and process that cover the same.
For internal training we can also design follow on courses for appraisees and/or hands on practice session built around given scenarios
- Understanding the principles and components of the appraisal process
- What skills does an appraiser need?
- What skills does the appraise need?
- And what about the “grand parent” the person handling the appeal
- Assessing performance against
- corporate objectives
- job descriptions
- core skills
- key results areas
- Determining goals or objective setting – an appropriate mix or basket of goals/targets
- Threading in the concept of “stretching”
- Setting fair and balanced goals
- what is reasonable, practical or proportionate for a given individual
- Ensuring that all evidence bases for assessing performance are
- Devising strategies to help improve performance
- Clear links to training and/or developmental issues
- Improving confidence in reviewing staff performance and giving feedback
- Equality impact assessment of the whole process
- Arrangements for the first appraisal meeting and subsequent formal meetings including preparation time for “both sides.”
- Arrangements for any informal “open door” reviews
- Arrangements for assessment
- Appeal processes
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK.
See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as
internal events on your premises.
In-house Event for Your Organisation
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band C
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.