So You Want to Become a Consultant?
How to become a Consultant - 1 Day Course
“So you want to become a Consultant?”
With increasing casualisation and downsizing in the public sector, budget cuts and outsourcing, it is expected that funders and organisations will become more reliant on Consultants to deliver their services in the future. For anyone coming into the Consultancy profession here’s a specialist course that gives you invaluable information, skills and knowledge you will need to be successful. Whether you are considering working as an individual consultant or joining or instigating a cooperative or limited company you will need to know how to maximise your client base, provide sustainability, compete for tenders and market and promote you and your products effectively. This workshop balances information and guidance with a range of interactive and participative exercises that aim to help you fully explore the potential and opportunities for consultants.
This workshop draws on the experience and knowledge of Consultants and experts with considerable success in their fields.
The workshop will cover:
- Sole trading, partnership or incorporation
- Establishing your client base
- Promoting and advertising
- Good advice – best practice
- Your opportunities profile
- Using the net – web based interaction
- Adding value – up selling your potential
- The characteristics of successful consultancy
- Expanding your Skills and knowledge base
Delegates will be able to:
- Confidently determine their most appropriate trading status
- Focus on key opportunities using IT and web intelligence
- Quickly and efficiently respond to tendering and work offers
- Maximise every potential client interaction
- Compete effectively and determine selling points
- Identify client base and business segments
Supporting Materials to be used
- Research and publications on best practice
- PowerPoint presentation
- Written worksheets
- Case studies
- Memory stick containing sources of help and support
'All aspects of the workshop very useful.'
Key Account Manager, Leeds City Council
'Much food for thought, some great learning points; excellent sources for further reading.'
Consultant, Formely of New College Nottingham
Who Should Attend?
Consultants or Employers of Consultants. Prospective or current Consultants in all sectors. Officers or Staff managing projects and Consultants in FE colleges, charities, local authorities.
There are no open events scheduled for this topic.
Many of our events are run as open events at various locations around the UK.
See the Events Diary for scheduled events. All topics can be run as
internal events on your premises.
In-house Event for Your Organisation
We can run this topic as an in-house event for your organisation on your premises. This can
provide a high quality and cost effective staff development route.
This workshop is Price Band B
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.