Telesales Essentials (5593)
The ability to sell or make appointments over the telephone is an integral part of today's sales landscape. Too many telesales-led companies see it as a numbers game - often closing more doors than they are opening.
How do the professionals succeed on the telephone? What really works? What unintentional errors might we be making? Sometimes it's a good idea to step back and take a long look at how to make telesales work for you.
This dynamic, in-depth, one-day workshop will take delegates through well-proven methods and techniques to increase their telephone selling capacity and generate more income.
Following the workshop delegates will be better able to
- understand what makes target clients respond to some callers and not others.
- discover which barriers exist before we even pick up the telephone - and how to overcome them
- examine cold calling - how to make it work for us
- understand how to recruit, or find ways to get round, 'gatekeepers'
- discuss Voicemail pros and cons; look at some examples that get return calls
- formulate a powerful introduction
- find questions that work well - and how to really listen to the answers.
- discover how to welcome and handle objections
- discover 'constant closing', how to close and when to close
If this event doesn't quite hit the spot, you may be interested in attending one of our other 1 day sales training courses. Follow the links below to view the overviews and scheduled dates.
Advanced Selling Skills
Fundamental Selling Skills
Successful Sales Account Management
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who uses the telephone to sell or make appointments or meetings and anyone who is involved in managing and motivating staff involved in this area. This could apply to finding new business or expanding business with existing customers.
"Very beneficial to sales people and sales managers. Overall a very useful course - trainer very knowledgeable and engaging"
Team Leader - The Intraining Group Ltd
"Trainer was great - Thanks!"
Director - Developing Nation
"Very informative, in-depth and covers a lot of topics"
Sales Executive- Lion Speciality Foods
"Excellent course - good information, lots of learning points"
Fundraising Manager - The FED
- Why is this important?
- What makes us different?
- How do we do this?
- The importance of 'you'
- What problems do we face before we even pick up the phone?
- Customers’ perceptions
- Consulting mindset
- Cold calling
- Why? How to make it work for you
- Call processes
- Why? From “Hello” to “OK” - not a script
- Put together a process that works for you
- Break it down into its component parts and improve each one
- How to really prepare for the call
- Mentally, physically - and what else do you need?
- How can we make them work for us?
- Leaving a Message
- What do you want it to achieve?
- How can we make it do this?
- What must it do? Some examples
- What must you not do? Some waffle-busters
- Begin the process of controlling how they see you
- The First 15 Seconds
- Why is this so vital?
- Rules of Engagement and Differentiation
- What are you listening for?
- Questioning Skills
- The engine that drives the process
- The Questioning Funnel
- Building value before selling
- Questioning techniques and examples
- Questioning Template – putting it all together so far
- Listening Skills
- Why are these important?
- Common errors and how to combat them
- Objection Handling
- The handling process
- Q &A, some common objections and how to handle them
- What is closing?
- Why is it a problem for some people?
- The Principle of 'Constant Closing'
- Recap and Discussion
- What have you found most useful?
- How will you take the training forward into your company?
||Wednesday, 3rd October 2012
View All Locations & Dates
£229.00+VAT: Group Rate 3+
£237.00+VAT: Small charity
(Turnover less than £1m)
||Birmingham City Centre
||9.00am for Registration, Refreshments and Networking
Please read our terms and cancellation policy before booking
Sorry, this event has now passed. Click here to see if there are any further dates scheduled for this topic.
This training course is delivered in a workshop style. It is highly participative with a blend of presentation, group exercises and debate. A comprehensive delegate pack is included. .
To ensure effective levels of delegate participation, involvement and interaction, delegate numbers are restricted. This workshop is suitable for groups of 2 to 20 delegates.
Formal CPD certificates are provided after the event in a form which is acceptable as CPD evidence to many professional bodies and institutions.
The facilitator for this workshop is a highly experienced trainer with in-depth subject knowledge.